Apprenticeships

Apprenticeships are a great way for pubs to develop their own teams – to nurture the hospitality professionals of the future.

Star Pubs & Bars have combined forces with a company called Remit to offer a new scheme to help make this happen in our pubs.  When a small business takes on an apprentice there is usually a cost involved.  Star Pubs & Bars have committed funds to reimburse that cost to the employer, with a view to sponsoring at least 50 new apprentices.

Why are Star Pubs & Bars sponsoring 50 apprenticeships?

  • Apprenticeships aren’t about saving money – they’re about investing in the future. But when pubs take on an apprentice, there’s usually a cost.
  • When small businesses, such as many of our pubs, take on an apprentice, the Government covers 90% of the cost. By sponsoring 50 apprentices, Star Pubs & Bars will cover the remaining 10% so there’s no cost to the licensee hiring the apprentice.
  • We believe that apprenticeships are a great way for pubs to develop their own teams and nurture the hospitality professionals of the future. It’s why we’re going to reimburse this cost to licensees taking on an apprentice.
  • We’ll sponsor the 50 apprentices on a first come, first serve basis. The apprentice will remain the employee of the pub operator.

Click Here to view our Mentor Guide.

Click Here to contact Remit for more details.